Notebook, The

by Nicholas Sparks | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by princessaurora of Sellersville, Pennsylvania USA on 4/18/2004
Journal Entry 1 by princessaurora from Sellersville, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, April 18, 2004
Bought at the Salvation Army yesterday.

From the back of the book:
At 31, Noah Calhoun, back in coastal North Carolina after World War II, is haunted by images of the girl he lost more than a decade earlier. At 29, socialite Allie Nelson is about to marry a wealthy lawyer, but she cannot stop thinking about the boy who long ago stole her heart. Thus begins the story of a love so enduring and deep it can turn tragedy into triumph, and may even have the power to create a miracle...

I think I cried through the entire last half of the book. This may very well be the greatest love story I've ever read.

I'd like to start a bookray with this if anyone is interested. PM me with your location and shipping preferences.

Journal Entry 2 by princessaurora from Sellersville, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, July 30, 2004
Bookray order:

KathyS - UK - ship internationally
Helly77 - UK - ship anywhere
Sonnet116 - IL - US only
Bookgal23 - NY
Kimsbooks03 - PA - US/Can. only (unable to contact)
Hulamonkey - OH - US only (unable to contact)
Tammychi - HI - anywhere
Loeweneckerchen - Germany - internationally<--currently has
Taniazed - Australia - anywhere

I hope you all enjoy this book!

Journal Entry 3 by princessaurora from Sellersville, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, August 05, 2004
Mailed to KathyS. I hope you all enjoy this book! (And Kathy--I hope it doesn't take too long to get to you :) )

Journal Entry 4 by KathyS on Sunday, August 15, 2004
I came back from my holiday to find this sitting on my doormat - along with a surprise bar of chocolate from an anonymous UK BookCrosser! Isn't life great?!!

I will read and pass on as soon as possible :o)

Thanks for sharing princessaurora.

Journal Entry 5 by KathyS on Saturday, September 04, 2004
This book was recommended to me by my non-BookCrossing SIL. She loved it and I was curious to know what the fuss was about!

I really enjoyed the gentle pace and found it beautifully descriptive. And I found comfort in Noah's handling of Allie's illness - should I or anyone else in my family ever suffer from the same disease, I would recommend my family read this book in the hope that they can use some of the same techniques. Truely moving and very inspiring.

Released 14 yrs ago (9/6/2004 UTC) at -- Controlled Release in -- By post or by hand --, Greater London United Kingdom

Off to Helly77 by 2nd class post. Hope it arrives safely :o)

Journal Entry 7 by Helly77 from Preston, Lancashire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 08, 2004
This has gone straight to the top of my TBR's. I have one bookring ahead of it, so it will be next! Really looking forward to it!

Journal Entry 8 by Helly77 from Preston, Lancashire United Kingdom on Friday, September 17, 2004
WOW! I dont know what to say about this book. I love romances, but this one has touched me in a way that none before it ever has. i cried throughout the last third of the book, and felt a sense of heartache, and also joy at the end. Believe it or not, I sat down with this book at around 1.30 am, and now at 5.15, it is done and dusted. I just couldn't put it down!

I cannot recommend this book highly enough, and to anyone who isnt moved by the last chapters, you must have a heart of stone!!!

10 out of 10 (more if it were possible!)

Journal Entry 9 by Helly77 at Bookring in to another bookcrosser, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Friday, September 17, 2004

Released 14 yrs ago (9/21/2004 UTC) at Bookring in to another bookcrosser, By Post -- Controlled Releases

Sending on Monday (my weekly trip to the post office)

Journal Entry 10 by sonnet116 on Saturday, October 30, 2004
This book arrived at my house today. I'm looking forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 11 by sonnet116 on Sunday, October 31, 2004
Wow! I have discovered that its extremely hard to read with tears welling up in your eyes!

This was an amazing story of the power of love. I agree with KathyS - this novel was written in such a comforting, gentle pace. The smallest of details came to life. The love that Noah and Allie shared ran so deep - I only hope that my husband and I share that same kind of love when we grow old!

I'm interested to see how the movie compares to the book...

Journal Entry 12 by sonnet116 on Thursday, November 04, 2004
Mailed to bookgal23 today.

Journal Entry 13 by CharmedKim from Secaucus, New Jersey USA on Sunday, November 14, 2004
I recently received this in the mail and am currently reading it.

Journal Entry 14 by CharmedKim from Secaucus, New Jersey USA on Monday, November 22, 2004
This was such a beautiful book. I was at work when reading the last few chapters and I had tears in my eyes. The Notebook is one of the greatest love stories I've ever read and I've read quite a few.

I was so enthralled by the story that I ran out and bought its sequel, The Wedding just as I was finishing The Notebook; I didn't want the magic to end. I'm planning on turning it into a bookray once I'm done reading it so please PM me if anyone is interested.

I'm off to PM Kimsbooks03 for their address and get the book moving so others can enjoy the beauty.

Journal Entry 15 by CharmedKim from Secaucus, New Jersey USA on Monday, December 20, 2004
Kimsbooks03 and hulamonkey did not reply to my PMs so I sent the book to Tammychi.

Journal Entry 16 by Tammychi from Firenze, Toscana Italy on Wednesday, December 29, 2004
The Notebook arrived on the 27th, my birthday! Loved the movie based on this book and I can't wait to start reading it. I'm almost done with my current bookray/ring reads and will began reading shortly.

Monday, January 10, 2005
More than anything else, I enjoyed Noah's philosophy on life, the way he seemed to savor each and every moment. The way he took pleasure in the simplest things and wasn't obsessed with a materialistic way of life.
I'm undecided as to how much I truly enjoyed the story, I loved the movie. It had a way of taking me back to my younger days when I was at a crossroad in life and needed to choose between two wonderful men.

Have finished reading and Loeweneckerchen has been contacted for a mailing address.

* The movie's official site: www.thenotebookmovie.com
* A Q&A with Nicholas Sparks

Journal Entry 17 by Tammychi at Bookray in BOOKRAY, Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, January 15, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (1/14/2005 UTC) at Bookray in BOOKRAY, Bookray -- Controlled Releases

A sweet gentle love story. On its way to Loeweneckerchen in Germany. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 18 by Loeweneckerchen from Böblingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Sunday, March 06, 2005
Arrived this week together with several other books. Apparently the post office has collected them for some time now, but that's really strange ...