THE GIRL WHO MARRIED A LION

by Alexander McCall Smith | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by 3vie of Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on 11/27/2019
Journal Entry 1 by 3vie from Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 27, 2019
Purchased from charity shop for bookcrossing

Thanks for finding this book
Please write a journal entry letting me know that this book was caught and has found a safe home with you. (It's anonymous, and you don't have to join Bookcrossing to do it.) Then read this book or give it to a friend. Afterwards hopefully, you or your friend will release it again for someone else to find - just like you did.
If you are new to Bookcrossing and would like to join, please give 3vie as your referral member. Enjoy your book and when you have finished reading come back here and let us know when and where you will pass the book on to another reader. Write a review if you like, then release it and come back anytime to see what happened to it next.

Happy reading.

A girl marrying a lion? A beautiful woman who is really a leopard? A tree that can feed a family?

Let bestselling author Alexander McCall Smith whisk you off to a place where magic is ordinary and bizarre things happen everyday, in this weird, wonderful and sometimes very funny celebration of African folk tales.

Journal Entry 2 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (11/27/2019 UTC) at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Putting into the what the reviewers said bookbox

Journal Entry 3 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, January 6, 2020
Taken from "What the Reviewers Said" Bookbox.
As my TBR pile is massiveit may take me a while to get to this.

Journal Entry 4 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, May 28, 2020
A quick, easy and very interesting read. This made quite a change from my usual style of book.

Journal Entry 5 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Sunday, October 17, 2021

Released 8 mos ago (10/22/2021 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

Going into the"Already Crossed" Book Box.

Journal Entry 6 by disneyfreaksam at Warminster, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 23, 2021
really enjoyed it - what a collection of stories - put back in the box

Journal Entry 7 by wingFlutterbies9wing at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Thursday, January 13, 2022
This is a book I have read previously, in fact, I've added my previous journal entry here.

I did like this book. It is a fascinating series of morality tales told from an almost folklore viewpoint but with a layer of more modern sophistication. It was good to see so many of the tales held recognisable moral traits although told from an African background. AMS has an obvious twist to render these stories in terms that the western hemisphere can relate to and yet still keep them authentic. I think he succeeded well with this book and several of the tales are still resonating within my head. Fascinating stuff.

It will probably go out into the world in another bookbox. Well worth a read.

Journal Entry 8 by wingFlutterbies9wing at Book Box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Released 5 mos ago (2/1/2022 UTC) at Book Box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Released back into the Already Crossed Bookbox as a replacement for a heavier book which had to be removed due to parcel weight problems!

This book deserves better than that. Happy travels little book.

Journal Entry 9 by wingbooktwitcherwing at Chelmsford, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 30, 2022
Taken from Already Crossed Bookbox.

Journal Entry 10 by wingbooktwitcherwing at Chelmsford, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 4, 2022
Easy to read fables

Released 1 mo ago (5/24/2022 UTC) at Somewhere on the route from town to Moulsham in Chelmsford, Essex United Kingdom

For the Snap release challenge