The Galleons' Grave

by Martin Stephen | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingyorkshire-lasswing of Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on 11/22/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, November 22, 2019
Thank you for picking up this book and logging on to the website, I hope you enjoy reading it, when you have finished it please make a journal entry so that I know what you have decided to do with the book next. If you decide to join BookCrossing (it’s free and completely private your e-mail address is never given out) please say yorkshire-lass sent you. Happy BookCrossing!

Google Overview
It is 1588 and King Philip of Spain has assembled the greatest fleet and the most powerful army in the world. It is envisaged that the Armada, commanded by the brave and chivalric Duke Medina Sidonia, will crush the English and bring an end to the reign of Queen Elizabeth.

One man who has inside knowledge of this event is the young Henry Gresham. Caught up in the intrigues of Elizabeth's court as its inhabitants jostle for power and favour, he begins to realise that are many there who resent his youth, wealth and good looks. His position as a spy for Walsingham further endangers his life - and when he finds himself sailing on the Armada in order to spy on Sir Francis Drake, who is deemed suspicious of working for the Spanish, he's not entirely certain where the real threat lies...

I read a copy of this a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

Journal Entry 2 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Released 6 mos ago (12/12/2019 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

I saw this on your wishlist, hope you enjoy it :-)

Happy Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journal Entry 3 by wingDelticwing at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 26, 2019
Thank you, thank you, thank you. What a lovely surprise. It’s a long time since I read any of this series. I look forward to it, and chocolates too! Mind you, something tells me that the the chocolates may be gone before I get round to the book! 😂

Journal Entry 4 by wingDelticwing at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 30, 2020
I enjoyed this book very much although I did find it a little hard going. It has inspired me to finally read one of the historical books from the bibliography, 'The Spanish Armada' by Colin Martin & Geoffrey Parker, which I picked up at the Leeds Uncon back in 2013!!

Journal Entry 5 by wingDelticwing at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 24, 2020
On the way to a mutual Bookcrossing friend.

Journal Entry 6 by wingDelticwing at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Released 2 wks ago (6/24/2020 UTC) at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

This one should keep you busy for at least 2 days! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, June 26, 2020
Thank you, Deltic, for a very welcome package that the postman delivered this morning, full of surprise books and stuff, much appreciated. I've been reading more than ever during lockdown and my to be read piles have been decreasing at an alarming rate. I'm delighted that kind and helpful BookCrossing friends have been restocking them for me . . .
I look forward to reading this, despite your less than enthusiastic journal entry, because I've previously enjoyed The Desperate Remedy and The Conscience of the King by this author.
Thank you again and Greetings to yorkshire-lass!