Timetable of Death

by Edward Marston | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingTanamowing of Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 11/22/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingTanamowing from Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, November 22, 2019
1859. Two children dash past gravestones playing hide-and-seek. A freshly dug grave should provide the ideal hiding place, if it weren't for an unscheduled body occupying the spot.
The body is that of Vivian Quayle, director of the Midland Railway and pillar of the community, whose mysterious death baffles local police and necessitates Scotland Yard's assistance. As Inspector Colbeck and Sergeant Leeming piece together the victim's final moments, and suspects and motives multiply, a gruesome picture emerges. This is a case only the Railway Detective can solve.

Journal Entry 2 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, December 30, 2019
Another visit to the world of Inspector Colbeck and this time it wasn't immediately obvious to me who the perpetrator was. For most of the book I was thinking of completely the wrong person. I blame the Christmas over-indulgence clogging up my brain.