The Virago Book of Ghost Stories

by Richard Dalby | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 11/20/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, November 20, 2019
I've had this slightly-battered softcover on my keeper shelves for ages, and I think it's time it went traveling. It's a collection of 20th century ghost stories written by women, and includes some classics and some lesser-known works. While some of my favorite authors are included here, such as Edith Wharton, E. Nesbit, Mary Webb, Stella Gibbons, Fay Weldon and Angela Carter, I do have to say that the selected stories aren't my favorites of their work - but the anthology does feature some nicely creepy tales and provides an introduction to a variety of authors.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at -- somewhere in Fall River in Fall River, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, December 08, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (12/8/2019 UTC) at -- somewhere in Fall River in Fall River, Massachusetts USA

I plan to leave this book somewhere in Fall River, possibly at the Fall River Historical Society, while in town for tea and history. Hope the finder enjoys the book!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2019 D for December release challenge. ***

Journal Entry 3 by Munroe148 at Fall River, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, December 08, 2019
Will read after Christmas.