#hooked

by Gregory L. Jantz | Nonfiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by aetm of Austin, Texas USA on 11/18/2019
Journal Entry 1 by aetm from Austin, Texas USA on Monday, November 18, 2019
"The New Addiction

What you start out controlling can end up controlling you. From Twitter to iPhones, from Facebook to tablets, we have an endless supply of media and gadgets to hook our interest, snag our wallets, and occupy our time. Think back over the last five years. How much of your time was devoted to online activities? How much of your real life has been gobbled up or googled up in your net life?

In Hooked, counselor and addiction specialist Dr. Gregory Jantz speaks enthusiastically and frankly about the gizmos and gadgets, social media magnets, and Internet sidetracks we have at our fingertips. With real-life examples and biblical applications, he presents a celebration of the positives technology offers and a cautionary tale about the negatives it unleashes, including:

The power and dangers of the web·
The myth of multitasking·
Overcoming disconnection anxiety·
The psychology behind Internet addiction·
Employing the ultimate filter and taking back control of your life"

Journal Entry 2 by aetm at — Little Free Library, see notes in Austin, Texas USA on Monday, November 18, 2019

Released 2 wks ago (11/18/2019 UTC) at — Little Free Library, see notes in Austin, Texas USA

Will be in one of the LFL boxes around Mueller park, probably on Tom Miller or McBee ~ Happy book hunting

Safe journey little book - I hope you'll make many new friends on your travels!

"Don't ever apologize to an author for buying something in paperback, or taking it out from a library (that's what they're there for. Use your library). Don't apologize to this author for buying books second hand, or getting them from bookcrossing or borrowing a friend's copy. What's important to me is that people read the books and enjoy them, and that, at some point in there, the book was bought by someone. And that people who like things, tell other people. The most important thing is that people read... "
— Neil Gaiman

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!)