The American Agent

by Jacqueline Winspear | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingTanamowing of Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 11/13/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingTanamowing from Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 13, 2019
September, 1940. When an American war correspondent's murder is concealed by British authorities, Maisie Dobbs agrees to work alongside an agent of the US Department of Justice to discover the truth.
With German bombs raining down on London, Maisie is torn between the demands of solving the dangerous case and the need to protect a young evacuee. The stakes are raised when she faces the possibility of losing her dearest friend - and that she might be falling in love again.

Journal Entry 2 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, January 09, 2020
As usual I thoroughly enjoyed another visit to the world of Maisie Dobbs. This case seems particularly complicated and I never expected the outcome at all. I can't help wondering if this will be the end of the series though as it looks like Maisie may be heading for domesticity now.

Journal Entry 3 by wingTanamowing at Wygston’s House in Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Released 4 wks ago (1/28/2020 UTC) at Wygston’s House in Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Taking to today's mini meet.
If you've found this book and you're new to this, welcome to bookcrossing! I hope you enjoy looking around the bookcrossing site. If you decide to join bookcrossing (it's free, so no reason not to if you're interested!) please feel free to list me (Tanamo) as the member who referred you. Even if you don't join I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a quick journal note so I can see where the book ended up - you can do it anonymously if you wish.

Journal Entry 4 by wingCross-patchwing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Retrieved from the pile on the table.