A Lovely Way To Burn

by Louise Welsh | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingTanamowing of Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 11/13/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingTanamowing from Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 13, 2019
It doesn't look like murder in a city full of death. A pandemic called "The Sweats" is sweeping the globe. London is a city in crisis. Hospitals begin to fill with the dead and dying, but Stevie Flint is convinced that the sudden death of her boyfriend Dr Simon Sharkey was not from natural causes.
As roads out of London become gridlocked with people fleeing infection, Stevie's search for Simon's killers takes her in the opposite direction, into the depths of the dying city and a race with death.

Journal Entry 2 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, June 04, 2020
Perhaps not the best book to read with the corona virus sweeping the land at the moment and with the original panic buying and riots that occurred, the details in the book certainly ring true and our heroine is certainly brave or should that be foolish. This is book one of a trilogy and it will be interesting to see how life continues for Stevie.

Released 1 mo ago (7/11/2020 UTC) at Grand Union Canal- Market Harborough Arm in Foxton, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Left on a bench.
If you've found this book and you're new to this, welcome to bookcrossing! I hope you enjoy looking around the bookcrossing site. If you decide to join bookcrossing (it's free, so no reason not to if you're interested!) please feel free to list me (Tanamo) as the member who referred you. Even if you don't join I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a quick journal note so I can see where the book ended up - you can do it anonymously if you wish.

Left on a bench.

Journal Entry 5 by BethC14 at Foxton, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 11, 2020
I found this book on a bench by the Grand Union Canal at Market Harborough Arm in Foxton. I can’t wait to read it.
Thanks to Tanamo for the referral; what a small world!

Hope your are enjoying reading!