The Stranger Diaries

by Elly Griffiths | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 12/23/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, December 23, 2019
Reserved for a birthday RABCK :o)

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at 2020 UK Birthday Group, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, August 6, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (8/6/2020 UTC) at 2020 UK Birthday Group, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! x

Journal Entry 3 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, August 21, 2020
Thank you so much for sending this wishlist book for my birthday, I'm looking forward to reading it. As my TBR pile is massive it may take me a while to get to it.
Thanks too for the amazing box of goodies you sent, I love it all.

Journal Entry 4 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 23, 2021
AS expected I really enjoyed this, can't wait to get hold of the next one!

Journal Entry 5 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, March 25, 2021

Released 6 mos ago (3/26/2021 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

Going into the UK Crime Book Box.

Journal Entry 6 by wingFlutterbies9wing at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Monday, March 29, 2021
Taken from the Crime bookbox, I even know where this one is going next but meantime on tbr.

Journal Entry 7 by wingFlutterbies9wing at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Thursday, July 22, 2021
Cover.
"This is what the police know
English teacher Clare Cassidy's friend Ella has just been murdered. Clare and Ella had recently fallen out. Found beside the body was a line from "The Stranger", a story by the Gothic writer Clare teaches, and the murder scene is identical to one of the deaths in the story.
This is what Clare knows
No-one else was aware of her fight with Ella. Few others have even read "The Stranger". Someone has wormed their way into her life and her work. They know her darkest secrets. And they don't mean well.
Here is what the killer knows
Who will be the next to die."

I have not read many Elly Griffiths books but I did like this one. Convoluted but touches of relatable experiences keep the suspense working. Personally, I am not the greatest fan of many different points of view in a book, but this time it worked particularly well, especially with the Gothic tale woven throughout. No spoilers so I will not say any more at present but there is a plan for this book.

Released 2 mos ago (7/27/2021 UTC) at Birthday RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

A book for you to enjoy for your birthday. Happy returns.

Journal Entry 9 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, July 31, 2021
Birthday yesterday -YAHOO- book journal today -with THANKS-
---------------------

Book burble: as above in Flutterbies9's Journal Entry 7.

Book cover praise: 'Compelling, intellegent and mesmerising' PETER JAMES
'Picks up where the great gothic thrillers of the past leave off...spooky, smart and haunting' LOUISE PENNY
'Has a genuine creepiness that gets under your skin' SUNDAY EXPRESS
'A beautifully turned chiller' MAIL ON SUNDAY

THE STRANGER DIARIES (Harbinder Kaur, 1) - ELLY GRIFFITHS (2018) | ISBN: 9781786487414 (UK PB) | PUB: QUERCUS, an Hachette UK Company.
Currently first book of two, the second being The Postscript Murders (2020).