The House

by Simon Lelic | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 12/27/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, December 27, 2019
What if your perfect home turned out to be the scene of the perfect crime?

Londoners Jack and Syd moved into the house a year ago. It seemed like their dream home: tons of space, the perfect location, and a friendly owner who wanted a young couple to have it.

So when they made a grisly discovery in the attic, Jack and Syd chose to ignore it. That was a mistake.

Because someone has just been murdered. Right outside their back door.

And now the police are watching them...

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, December 27, 2019
A good read but I feel I've been a bit misled by some of the cover comments eg; "Hugely gripping & spooky as hell"(Mark Billingham, how could you deceive me so?!!)"Tense" & "Creepy" That isn't to say it didn't have it's moments but I guess I was expecting a story based around a "horror" house rather than the family history of the occupants.

The story is told by Jack & Syd, who are putting into writing what has been happening to them since moving into the property. These entries are at times disjointed or seem out of order. For me that added to the story, making it more convincing that it was the characters own take on events, after all if you're re-counting a story how often do you get things out of sequence or think "Oh I forgot to tell you about such & such..."

With the exception of the child abuse, which quite frankly was so hard to read at times, I found it a really easy read & I raced through the book in a few hours. I certainly enjoyed this book & it had a twist in it that I didn't see coming (always a plus!) but the easy reading style meant it lacked the build up of tension & suspense that needs to be present to keep a reader on the edge of their seat.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at on Monday, September 21, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (9/21/2020 UTC) at

On its way to riffraff71 to help stock a new OBCZ - good luck with it!

Journal Entry 4 by riffraff71 at Turriff , Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, September 24, 2020

Journal Entry 5 by riffraff71 at FatBadger Honesty Stall in Turriff , Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Released 2 wks ago (10/15/2020 UTC) at FatBadger Honesty Stall in Turriff , Scotland United Kingdom

releasing to my new bookcrossing zone

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!
Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

***Please Note***