The Tricksters

by Margaret Mahy | Teens |
Registered by wingtigergirlnzwing of Napier, Hawkes Bay-Poverty Bay New Zealand on 11/10/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingtigergirlnzwing from Napier, Hawkes Bay-Poverty Bay New Zealand on Sunday, November 10, 2019
NOT THE COVER
Three strange men stood behind Harry. They could have touched her if they had wanted to. "You're alone on Teddy Carnival's beach," said one, not asking a question but sounding as if he were giving her a warning.
As the Hamiltons gather for a celebration at their remote beach house, Carnival's Hide, the warm, chaotic family atmosphere is thrown into turmoil by the unexpected arrival of three sinister brothers. Are they truly descendants of Teddy Carnival who drowned there many years earlier, or are they merely tricksters conjured from Harry's wild imagination?
Like a midsummer night's tide, the strangers sweep through their lives, with irreversible consequences...
FINDER OF THIS BOOK:
Please post your comments/journal here (you can do it anonymously, or, join up, this is fun!) and let me know where you found this book. Then read it, journal your thoughts, and please re-release it for others to find. www.bookcrossing.com will give you all the help you need to help this book travel around the world.
Thanks for finding this book and keep it moving!

Released 3 wks ago (11/15/2019 UTC) at Abi-Gibbys Christmas Sweepstakes , -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Sent to the Winner of the Christmas Sweepstakes 2019. You're in for a treat dear reader! When you might think of Christmas being with snow and in the cold, this book, which just so happens to be my favourite book of all time (especially as the writer I became around the time I first read this book when I was a teenager), is centred around a family sharing Christmas down here in New Zealand - a Summer Christmas in fact! And the song mentioned in the book, is by my favourite band of all time too: 'Great Southern Land' by Icehouse. I'm not much into Christmas myself (being in the wrong season for us kiwis), but I am into the Summer Solstice, or Midsummer, which is also a very big part of this book. Now you may know of Margaret Mahy - even though she was a kiwi, she was first published in the UK - but if you don't - welcome to one of my two favourite authors (the other is Margaret Atwood). I hope you get to read more of Margaret Mahy - she was well-known for her children's books, but her teen/YA fiction was the best for me. She treated teens like adults long before others did. If you like this, try 'The Changeover' next! Happy Holiday Season to you :D

Journal Entry 3 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Monday, November 18, 2019
Arrived in the post today.
Thank you!