The Tattooist of Auschwitz

by Heather Morris | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Flutterbies9 of Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on 11/2/2019
Journal Entry 1 by Flutterbies9 from Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Saturday, November 02, 2019
Received from one of the members of our monthly Book Club, however she did not wish this back and it had been around all of us in the Book club who had not already read it!

This is a well known story now and has also been made into a film and tv docudrama but reading the story is a lot more powerful than watching it was for me. There is also a lot of additional material included at the end of this book about the people involved and their lives after the war. Very much worth reading.

Journal Entry 2 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Saturday, November 02, 2019
Although I have newly registered this I actually read it in March!
It was fascinating and well written, sad and true with such sincerity running through it that it shone. This deserves to be out in the world but as all I knew had read this, it was just a case of where. so, I turned to Bookcrossing wishlists and found a reader immediately.

This would also make a film themed release possible for this book.

Journal Entry 3 by Flutterbies9 at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Saturday, November 02, 2019

Released 1 wk ago (11/4/2019 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

A RABCK from your wishlist. Hope this is welcome. I will not say enjoy as I normally do, as this type of book is not that type of reading!

Happy travels little book.

Journal Entry 4 by Andrea99 at Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Friday, November 08, 2019
Arrived in the mail on 8th November 2019 as a wishlist RABCK - thank you! (edit: I know what you mean about "enjoy" re this book - but I'm looking forward to reading it!)