Sycamore Gap

by L. J. Ross | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingengelsmanwing of Leiden, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on 10/31/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingengelsmanwing from Leiden, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, October 31, 2019

The Past Never Stays Buried For Long . . .

Detective Chief Inspector Ryan believes he has put his turbulent history behind him. Then, in the early hours of the summer solstice, the skeleton of a young woman is found inside the Roman Wall at Sycamore Gap. She has lain undiscovered for ten years and it is Ryan's job to piece together her past.

Enquiry lines cross and merge as Ryan is forced to face his own demons and enter into a deadly game of cat and mouse with a killer who seems unstoppable.

Murder and mystery are peppered with a sprinkling of romance and humour in this fast-pased crime whodunnit set amidst the spectacular scenery of Hadrian's Wall country in Northumberland.

OK, despite having some reservations after reading Holy Island, the first book in this series, my curiosity got the better of me. There's still this background conspiracy directing certain events that doesn't really ring true, but the rest of the plot is something of a page-turner . . .

Journal Entry 2 by wingengelsmanwing at ESA ESTEC in Noordwijk, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, November 24, 2019

Released 4 yrs ago (11/12/2019 UTC) at ESA ESTEC in Noordwijk, Zuid-Holland Netherlands

Left in the Solar Orbiter project offices...

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Noordwijk, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, February 6, 2020
I agree with engelsman regarding this book. I still am so-so about reading book 3 but it is easy to read and a page-turner.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Noordwijk, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, February 6, 2020
Sorry, made a mess of the previous entry and did not finish properly. I have left the book in a Space Company in Florida, not a book crossing library. Hopefully one of the many visitors will pick it up.