Christmas Shopaholic

by Sophie Kinsella | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 1787631966 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Fantasma of Carnaxide, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on 10/24/2019
Journal Entry 1 by Fantasma from Carnaxide, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Thursday, October 24, 2019
ecky Brandon (née Bloomwood) adores Christmas. It's always the same – Mum and Dad hosting, carols playing, Mum pretending she made the Christmas pudding, and the next-door neighbours coming round for sherry in their terrible festive jumpers.

And now it's even easier with online bargain-shopping sites – if you spend enough you even get free delivery. Sorted!

But this year looks set to be different. Unable to resist the draw of craft beer and smashed avocado, Becky's parents are moving to ultra-trendy Shoreditch and have asked Becky if she'll host Christmas this year. What could possibly go wrong?

With sister Jess demanding a vegan turkey, husband Luke determined that he just wants aftershave again, and little Minnie insisting on a very specific picnic hamper – surely Becky can manage all this, as well as the surprise appearance of an old boyfriend and his pushy new girlfriend, whose motives are far from clear . . .

Will chaos ensue, or will Becky manage to bring comfort and joy to Christmas?

Journal Entry 2 by Fantasma at Carnaxide, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Friday, January 3, 2020
I think I've been saying this for quite a while... I still like Sophie Kinsella books, but I can't stand Shopaholic Becky anymore. So why do I insist on keeping reading them?! Why????

I really loved Becky Bloomwood at the start. But now I just find her obnoxious, dumb, boring, shallow, with a maturity of a 12 year old!!! She's the same as on Confessions of a Shopaholic, except now she has a husband and daughter and a lot more money to blow on dresses and bags and aprons and statues that she just forgets she has! And salmon! ?!?!
She makes a mess of every situation, can't stand for herself or tell the truth... And in the end she gets all the luck as everything ends well.
She does have some redeeming qualities. Becky is a devoted mother and friend. She puts the needs of others ahead of her own, often to her own detriment. But... 12 year old.

Please, don't write any more Shopaholic books! You've been so good with the others!