Full Steam Ahead, Felix

by Kate Moore | Nonfiction |
ISBN: 140593882X Global Overview for this book
Registered by Shahrun of Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on 3/5/2020
Journal Entry 1 by Shahrun from Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, March 05, 2020
Enjoyed Felix The Railway Cat. Really enjoyed making a pilgrimage to Huddersfield station and meeting Felix in person. Delighted to find out there is a sequel and new cat to meet at some point....

Journal Entry 2 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, March 14, 2020
I think if you had not read the first Felix book, you can easily pick this one up and feel comfortable. Pretty sure first 8 chapters were just recap of life from the first book. Scene setting as it were. It felt quite repetitive all through out really (to bulk the book out). What I really enjoyed were the heartwarming anecdotes about all the charity work and the impact on people’s lives (staff & fans) when Felix does important meet & greets. Poor Bolt was confined to the last few chapters. The title being what it is, I was expecting much more about him.

Taking a selection of books to today’s London BookCrossing Meet up in The Hoop & Grapes Pub needs Aldgate.

If you have picked up a book from here, You may have noticed there is a little hand written note/sticker inside with a unique number and direction to the BookCrossing website. In a nutshell, BookCrossing allows you the reader to become a part of the Books story. You can track the recorded movements of the book and add an opinion on the story. It’s free and you can do it anonymously. But if you join, you will get notified when the next reader journals it. You wouldn’t believe how far some books go!

Journal Entry 4 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, July 09, 2020
I clearly forgot to catch this after the meet up!

Journal Entry 5 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, July 09, 2020
I agree with Shahrun about the repetition from the first book. I also enjoyed the accounts of Felix’s human encounters.

Journal Entry 6 by wingPoodlesisterwing at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Thursday, July 09, 2020

Released 7 mos ago (7/12/2020 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Going to my mum. She will probably keep it.

Join UK Bookcrossers at the Newcastle Unconvention from 9th to 11th October 2020

Journal Entry 7 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, December 19, 2020
Back from my mum who enjoyed it.

Journal Entry 8 by wingPoodlesisterwing at RABCK (Royal Mail), -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Released 2 mos ago (12/24/2020 UTC) at RABCK (Royal Mail), -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

A wishlist book going to kingfan30

Join UK Bookcrossers at the Newcastle Unconvention from 1st-3rd October 2021

Journal Entry 9 by kingfan30 at -- Somewhere in Lincs, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Monday, January 04, 2021
Thank you so much for sending the book, supplies and a lovely card. I hope you were able to enjoy Christmas despite the current worries x