The Lost Symbol

by Dan Brown | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Shahrun of Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on 1/29/2020
Journal Entry 1 by Shahrun from Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 29, 2020
This was donated to my Little Free Library. Just registering it before returning it, to spread the word about BookCrossing. I will be putting it straight back in as I have read it already. Thank you to the generous donor.

Here’s what I thought when I read it:
I did enjoy this book. Dan Brown always weaves much to think about into his stories. The almost ridged formula of them does slightly spoil my enjoyment though. It has me half convinced I've already read his books (when know for sure i haven't). I can usually predict his twists, and even when I can't, they just don't seam that surprising to me. It's not put me off reading his further put put though. Here's some things I read, that really got my brain going (and is why I have to read his future works):

Page 327. I don't do religion myself. But this statement I find so current and interesting:
"From the Crusades, to the Inquisition, to American politics - the name Jesus had been hijacked as an ally in all kinds of power struggles. Since the beginning of time, the ignorant had always screamed the loudest, herding the unsuspecting masses and forcing them to do their bidding. They defended their worldly desires by citing Scrioture they did not understand. They celebrated their intolerance as proof of their convictions. Now, after all these years, mankind had finally managed to utterly erode everything that had once been so beautiful about Jesus."

The whole of page 409! Which puts out there an interesting explanation for the similarities in all of us and religions from around the world:
"Maybe there is a universal truth embedded in everyone's soul. Maybe we all have the same story hidden inside, like a shared constant DNA. Maybe this collective truth is responsible for the similarity in our stories."

Page 500 is rather facinating. It talks about ancient texts (the bible included) and how certain reference words could be code for us. "The ancients already knew many of the scientific truths we're now rediscovering."

And, Finally page 502. How true is this:
"If I hand you a violin and say you have the capability to use it to make incredible music, I am not lying. You do have the capability, but you'll need enormous amounts of practice to manifest it. This is no different from learning to use your kind."

Journal Entry 2 by Shahrun at Dagenham Little Free Library in Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Released 2 mos ago (1/29/2020 UTC) at Dagenham Little Free Library in Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom

Time for a Mid-Week Mix up in Dagenham Little Free Library. This is going in to try and temp a new reader...

If you have picked up a book from here, You may have noticed there is a little hand written note/sticker inside with a unique number and direction to the BookCrossing website. In a nutshell, BookCrossing allows you the reader to become a part of the Books story. You can track the recorded movements of the book and add an opinion on the story. It’s free and you can do it anonymously. But if you join, you will get notified when the next reader journals it. You wouldn’t believe how far some books go!

Journal Entry 3 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Friday, February 14, 2020
No takers yet, so I’ve reshuffled the Library and taken this one out for now

Released 2 wks ago (3/14/2020 UTC) at Book Crossers Meeting in A meet up, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Taking a selection of books to today’s London BookCrossing Meet up in The Hoop & Grapes Pub needs Aldgate.