Catching Air

by Sarah Pekkanen | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingshawing of San Diego, California USA on 10/12/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingshawing from San Diego, California USA on Saturday, October 12, 2019
some kind soul left this in my lfl ken east

Journal Entry 2 by wingshawing at San Diego, California USA on Sunday, December 15, 2019
A new author for me and a pretty good read.

The following review is from booklist:
When Kira and her husband, Peter, decide to join his brother, Rand, and his wife, Alyssa, in Vermont to help run their new bed-and-breakfast, it’s a big departure from their previously planned-out lives. Kira trades a demanding, thankless job as a corporate attorney to be the cook, while dependable Peter buries resentment over his brother’s cavalier ways to make this new venture work so he and Kira can regroup and maybe start a family. Meanwhile Alyssa, a free-spirited photographer, is so focused on setting down roots that she hasn’t noticed Rand’s wariness regarding their impending adoption. The foursome’s new normal is further jolted when Dawn, a young woman on the run from a dangerous ex, comes to stay with them. Internationally best-selling Pekkanen (The Best of Us, 2013) writes novels that offer thoughtful examinations of how the past shapes adult relationships and of the differences between men and women. Many of the interwoven story lines are finely wrought, and the book as a whole is compelling. --Aleksandra Walker

Journal Entry 3 by wingshawing at Little Free Library Kensington East in San Diego, California USA on Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Released 1 wk ago (1/14/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library Kensington East in San Diego, California USA

never judge challenge

Congratulations - You've found a free book !

Enjoy your book!

(If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me, sha, as your referring member - thanks!)