Miss Seeton Cracks the Case

by Hamilton Crane | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingNu-Kneeswing of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 10/9/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingNu-Kneeswing from Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 09, 2019
This is one of the two books I bought from the AgeUK charity shop in Starbeck this afternoon. I chose it because I've previously enjoyed two other novels in the Miss Seeton series:
Miss Seeton Draws the Line
and
Picture Miss Seeton.
I was slightly confused as I remembered their author's name as Heron Carvic.
Fortunately Fantastic Fiction came to my rescue, explaining that "Hamilton Crane is the pseudonym used by Sarah J. Mason when writing 13 sequels and one prequel to the Miss Seeton series."
I also discovered that there are other Miss Seeton mysteries written by Hampton Charles, a pseudonym of Roy Peter Martin . . .
Yes, I was confused too :-)

From Google Overview: "It was the perfect day for a coach tour until a band of thugs blocked the road and robbed the passengers. It's a tough case to solve, but luckily the intrepid Miss Seeton, a retired art teacher, and a passenger on the ill-fated tour, steps in with her sketches of the bandits. But when she returns to her tranquil village, she brings trouble along. Now suspicion, malice and murder are right in her backyard."

Journal Entry 2 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, November 24, 2019
As usual, Miss Seeton bumbles around with her sketchpad, trailing chaos in her wake - and in the process the Sherry Gang and some modern-day Dick Turpins are identified and arrested . . . Fun and funny, with some priceless gossiping neighbours to enjoy :-)

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Ripley, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, December 09, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (12/9/2019 UTC) at Ripley, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Carrying Christmas and New Year Greetings to a BookCrossing friend. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 11, 2019
Many thanks for this lovely Christmas RACBCK surprise Nu-knees

I've read - & enjoyed - another in this series but couldn't find it on my shelf so have been googling the author. I should have journaled this first & read Nu-knees explanation...& I'd've seen that she sent me the other too :o)