The Mouseproof Kitchen

by Saira Shah | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by SaintsCommunity of Harrogate, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 10/9/2019
Journal Entry 1 by SaintsCommunity from Harrogate, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Journal Entry 2 by SaintsCommunity at Harrogate, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 09, 2019
Haven't read it, but has a handwritten note on title page 7/10 - perhaps from a book group.

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, October 11, 2019
Well that was a first! I love visiting old red telephone boxes that have been turned into community libraries/book exchanges and have made quite a collection of them in recent years – but this is the first one I’ve come across that still has a phone in it! They say there’s a first for everything!
I didn’t know about it until this week when I started getting BookCrossing Release Alerts for books left there, so this afternoon we took a drive out in the unexpected Autumn sunshine for me to Release a couple of books of my own.
My first visit – but it probably won’t be my last . . . I may well be back . . . .

Journal Entry 5 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, October 25, 2019
This story of Anna, super-organised chef, her husband Tobias, musician and meda-score composer, and Freya, their severely physically and mentally handicapped daughter should make harrowing reading - but doesn't, and that's entirely due to the author's amazing skill and sensitivity.
But what I did find difficult to sympathise with was their inexplicable decision to relocate to a rat-infested farmhouse in rural France. Whatever for? I can't see the appeal myself!
I love her writing style and will look out for any further novels she might write . . . .

Journal Entry 6 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Ripley, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, December 09, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (12/9/2019 UTC) at Ripley, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Carrying Christmas and New Year Greetings to a BookCrossing friend. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by millycat at Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 12, 2019
Thank you, this arrived yesterday. I made the mistake of glancing at the first page, then realised I'd been suckered in and had read 30 pages!