The Devil wears Prada

by Lauren Weisberger | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 978000241927 Global Overview for this book
Registered by oozy67 of Monash, Australian Capital Territory Australia on 10/5/2019
Journal Entry 1 by oozy67 from Monash, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Saturday, October 05, 2019
A delightfully dishy novel about the all-time most impossible boss in the history of impossible bosses.
Andrea Sachs, a small-town girl fresh out of college, lands the job “a million girls would die for.” Hired as the assistant to Miranda Priestly, the high-profile, fabulously successful editor of "Runway "magazine, Andrea finds herself in an office that shouts "Prada!

Journal Entry 2 by oozy67 at 2019 Bookcrossing unConvention in Burnt Pine, Norfolk Island Australia on Thursday, October 17, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (10/17/2019 UTC) at 2019 Bookcrossing unConvention in Burnt Pine, Norfolk Island Australia

Will be released at the Australian and New Zealand Bookcrossing Unconvention - some time between 20-27 October 2019 somewhere on Norfolk Island.

Journal Entry 3 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, October 27, 2019
Picked up at the Norfolk Island Uncon.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 4 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, November 15, 2019
A fun light story for a week when I felt like I never had more than 5 minutes to just sit and read.

Journal Entry 5 by Sherlockfan at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Friday, November 29, 2019
Caught at a meeting of Wellington BookCrossers in the Trax Cafe at the Central Railway station in Wellington. Sorry for the delay in registering but I have now read it so can comment herein, albeit rather briefly.

Journal Entry 6 by Sherlockfan at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Friday, November 29, 2019
While I can agree with oozy67's comment about "all-time most impossible boss in the history of impossible bosses" I felt total disbelief that anyone could be quite such a revolting employer yet achieving such remarkable apparent success in the wide world.
At times I felt like discarding the journal though I kept getting lured into the astonishing Runway Journey that "Ahn-dre-ah" had chosen to take with a completely different objective. New York's wider cityscape of adherents rushing hither and yon to please their bosses kept dragging me back to the on-going tale. It kept me intrigued and waiting to see how it would unfold. I suppose one could/would give the book a higher rating. Was it a waste of time? It certainly did not give me a wider view of life in the fast lane. Would I recommend the book?
Not to a serious reader whose time was precious.
But perhaps as a filler-in during one's personal down time as it was for me.
What will I do with it - Oh Yes! I'll look through the Wishlists.

Journal Entry 7 by Sherlockfan at Upper Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Saturday, December 07, 2019

Released 11 mos ago (12/9/2019 UTC) at Upper Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand

I researched on the WishLists and was delighted to find tigergirlnz from Hawkes Bay, New Zealand, looking for this book. Quite close to me really, and an area with which I am familiar, having lived in both Havelock North and Hastings for a couple of years.
I am always delighted to pass books on to persons who are actually looking for them.
Unlike most of my friends I have not seen the film so it all came as a big surprise to me. Miranda is both unbelievable and hard to get to grips with. Psychologists would have a field day trying to make her out.
I'll be most anxious to learn what tigergirlnz makes of it.
It will be posted on 9 December 2019 - can't get used to the US date format alas.

Journal Entry 8 by wingtigergirlnzwing at Napier, Hawkes Bay-Poverty Bay New Zealand on Friday, December 13, 2019
Received from Sherlockfan (of whom it seems I am actually related to!) - This will go on top of Mount TBR but I do look forward to reading it eventually, especially as I love the movie. Meryl Streep is so incredibly good and I love Emily Blunt. For ANYONE who hasn't seen the movie - oh please do, it's so good! Thank you Sherlockfan :D