The Empty Chair

Never too many!
by Jeffery Deaver | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingearthcaroleannewing of Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on 4/10/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingearthcaroleannewing from Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, April 10, 2021
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. If you’re new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site (www.bookcrossing.com), please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join.

I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, earthcaroleanne, as your referring member. When you’ve finished reading this book and are ready to send it on its way again, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a release note if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e mail each time someone makes another journal entry. And it’s confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Happy BookCrossings!

Journal Entry 2 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, April 10, 2021
When criminalist Lincoln Rhyme travels to a world-famous spinal cord injuries centre for experimental surgery, he hopes that the operation will give him slightly more movement. He knows that it may kill him. But before he has a chance to undergo it, the local police department draft in Rhyme and his assistant Amelia, using their forensic skills to help find two women kidnapped by a psychotic young man known locally as the Insect Boy. And after a cat and mouse game through the abandoned swamps of North Carolina, Lincoln finds himself searching for both boy and lover. While Amelia uses all the skills her mentor has taught her to evade him...

Journal Entry 3 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 17, 2021
This is the third book in the Lincoln Rhyme series. I have never heard of the empty chair technique so was fascinated when the title of the book was picked up on. However, even although I am willing to overlook reality in fiction, some instances in this were a little far-fetched. Nonetheless the descriptions of the area were amazing to someone who didn’t know the region and really could not begin to understand the swamplands.

Journal Entry 4 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, August 19, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (9/3/2021 UTC) at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom

Passing to Poddlesister who is already reading this series.

Journal Entry 5 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, September 4, 2021
Thanks earthcaroleanne. I need to buy the next one now.

Journal Entry 6 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 7, 2021
Couldn’t resist reading this straight away. I’m tempted to buy book 4 straight away but I think I need to read and release some more of TBR first.

Released 1 mo ago (9/20/2021 UTC) at RABCK (Royal Mail), -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Going to Dolph1n with some other books

Journal Entry 8 by wingdolph1nwing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 25, 2021
Thank you for all the books.
I love Jeffery Deaver books.