Bowlaway

by Elizabeth McCracken | | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingghirwing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 9/28/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingghirwing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, September 28, 2019
Generally, I don't like stories called epic, sweeping, or saga, so I should have run the other way when all three of these words appeared on the dust jacket synopsis. I adore the humorous turn of phrase McCracken is adept at, so I gave it a chance. In the end, my original opinion stands - did not enjoy this "epic family saga." It felt superficial and unsatisfying, like someone was showing me their photo album and sharing weird family legend factoids, but when asked for more detail couldn't tell me more. A character's story would just peter out and the focus would turn to someone else. It was a long journey to nowhere in particular.

Journal Entry 2 by wingghirwing at Manoa Marketplace in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, December 08, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (12/8/2019 UTC) at Manoa Marketplace in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

This book is registered at BookCrossing.com to track its journey through this world. You can make a journal entry (anonymously, if you like) to say you found it, then read it and/or pass it on for someone else to enjoy. Thank you!