The Dressmaker

by Rosalie Ham | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0698194802 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingmattandmandy75wing of Cockatoo, Victoria Australia on 9/26/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingmattandmandy75wing from Cockatoo, Victoria Australia on Thursday, September 26, 2019
Tilly Dunnage has come home to care for her mad old mother. She left the small Victorian town of Dungatar years before, and became an accomplished couturier in Paris. Now she earns her living making exquisite frocks for the people who drove her away when she was ten. Through the long Dungatar nights, she sits at her sewing machine, planning revenge. The Dressmaker is a modern Australian classic, much loved for its bittersweet humour. Set in the 1950s, its subjects include haute couture, love and hate, and a cast of engagingly eccentric characters. It is now a major motion picture, starring Kate Winslet and fine Australian actors including Judy Davis, Hugo Weaving, Liam Hemsworth and extras from the author's hometown of Jerilderie.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmattandmandy75wing at SI Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Friday, December 06, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (12/6/2019 UTC) at SI Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book:

Please journal that you’ve found me, read and re-release. I’d love to follow the book’s journey. Bookcrossing is free & fun and let’s face it, not much is these days! :)

Journal Entry 3 by AnonymousFriend at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Friday, December 06, 2019
A darkly satirical novel of love, revenge, and 1950s haute couture. Ok I was growing up in the 50's and loved paging through my mother's fashion magazines, mainly Burda, so this may remind me of something.