Silver Bay

by Jojo Moyes | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by chrissini of Graz, Steiermark Austria on 9/22/2019
Journal Entry 1 by chrissini from Graz, Steiermark Austria on Sunday, September 22, 2019
Liza McCullen will never escape her past. But the unspoilt beaches and tight-knit community of Silver Bay offer the freedom and safety she craves - if not for herself, then for her young daughter, Hannah.

Until Mike Dormer arrives as a guest in her aunt's hotel, and the peace of Silver Bay is shattered. The mild-mannered Englishman with his too-smart clothes and disturbing eyes could destroy everything Liza has worked so hard to protect: not only the family business and the bay that harbours her beloved whales, but also her conviction that she will never love - never deserve to love - again.

Bought at a book flea market.

Journal Entry 2 by chrissini at Graz, Steiermark Austria on Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Released 6 mos ago (6/24/2020 UTC) at Graz, Steiermark Austria

On the way to Lindasaurus now.....enjoy :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingLindasauruswing at Wien - irgendwo / Vienna - somewhere, Wien Austria on Monday, July 06, 2020
Vielen Dank für das Buch, liebe chrissini und die tollen Briefmarken - ich habe mich sehr gefreut!

Journal Entry 4 by wingLindasauruswing at Wien - irgendwo / Vienna - somewhere, Wien Austria on Saturday, August 29, 2020
I read this book in about one week. Unfortunately the story was very predictable. The plot twists were nowhere near twisty enough. Which were ok, would the plot have been a liiiiittle less slow.

Some of the themes explored in the book were good ideas, but not treated particularly well, in my opinion. Also I didn't see why everyone was so enamored with Liza. She seemed like an emotionally distant user to me, and I had a difficult time seeing how she managed to rope in so much attention. I had trouble relating to her and, though she had a horrible past, empathizing with her. The romance in particular was very underdeveloped for me. I didn't see or feel the connection and I was unsure how the "love" had come about.
I wish her situation was explained a little earlier in the book, then maybe I could have related a little better to her.

Unfortunately I wasn't emotionally touched by the book - I didn't shed one tear, and only had to laugh out loud once or twice.

Additionally, I felt that the last chapter was unnecessary and after rereading the last page several times it still confused me.

Journal Entry 5 by wingLindasauruswing at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Wien Austria on Monday, September 07, 2020

Released 4 mos ago (9/7/2020 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Wien Austria

The book travels to New Zealand for the Color sweeps.

Congratulations to the winner! Hope you like the book.

Journal Entry 6 by wingEdwardstreetwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Tuesday, October 06, 2020
I am so enjoying my trips to the Post Office these days- I get a wonderful surprise . Thanks very much.

Didn’t finish this I just wasn’t gripped. Will most likely release at the next BC meet up I attend

For the Dec 2020 meetup

Journal Entry 9 by fee19 at Paraparaumu, Wellington Province New Zealand on Wednesday, December 16, 2020
Caught at the December 2020 BX Meetup at Duke's Bistro, Wellington.

I enjoyed this - light reading for a rainy day. I have to agree with previous readers though, in that some elements didn't quite add up and the characters failed to engage

Released 1 mo ago (12/16/2020 UTC) at Paraparaumu Beach Little Free Library in Paraparaumu, Wellington Province New Zealand

Left on the top shelf.