The Light of Day

by Graham Swift | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0141012013 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingNu-Kneeswing of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 9/19/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingNu-Kneeswing from Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 19, 2019
This is one of half a dozen books I bought on a tour of the charity shops in Boroughbridge this afternoon, finding it in the one that raises funds for St Michael's Hospice.

Journal Entry 2 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, September 20, 2019
I don't know why this jumped to the top of the reading piles, overtaking all others, but I do know that, having started it, I didn't want to put it down and have finished it already. Only a little over 24 hours ago it was still on a shop's shelves!

There's something compelling about it. I found I had to keep reading to find out what was happening and what had happened and what was going to happen and all at quite a pace . . .

Yet at the same time it seems slow and stately, only revealing itself piece by piece, and not in chronological order.

I know that makes this a contradictory and contrary journal entry - but I can't do any better!

Recommended. This is my first novel by this author. I doubt it'll be my last!

Now Reserved for Deltic.

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 03, 2019

Released 7 mos ago (12/4/2019 UTC) at Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

For Deltic via MrsDeltic. Hope you feel better soon, lad!

Journal Entry 4 by wingDelticwing at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, December 08, 2019
Thank you for sending this my way Nu-Knees. If it's anywhere near as good as Last Orders, which I read earlier in the year, I'll love it.

Journal Entry 5 by wingDelticwing at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, June 19, 2020
Brilliant! Every bit as good as Last Orders. Not chronological at all but when you get tuned in it all makes perfect sense. Really does feel as if you're privy to the narrator's thoughts, and yes Nu-Knees, it is very difficult to explain. It's a 10 from me!

Journal Entry 6 by wingDelticwing at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 24, 2020
On its way to a Bookcrossing mutual friend.

Journal Entry 7 by wingDelticwing at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Released 2 wks ago (6/24/2020 UTC) at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Something different. Hope you enjoy it as much as Deltic and Nu-Knees did.

Journal Entry 8 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, July 02, 2020
Thank you so much for thinking of me, this book does look interesting. As my TBR pile is massive it may take me a while to get to it.