Hollow City

by Ransom Riggs | |
Registered by Shahrun of Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on 9/18/2019
Journal Entry 1 by Shahrun from Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Found on eBay, have wanted to read this series for a while.

Journal Entry 2 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, October 17, 2019
Not sure I loved this as much as the first book. What we have here is still quite an exciting journey into the unknown alternative Peculiar reality, with some very unexpected twists and turns. Love love love the photographs. This one ended on a real interesting cliffhanger. Guess I need to get me a copy of book 3 now don’t I!

One thing did bug me, what happened to all the Peculiar Children we met in the first book? This one Indicates they all survived the calamity at the end of book one, but then are strangely absent (even a line or two to indicate they had to stay somewhere else would have been sufficient). But they just didn’t exist at all. Unless I missed something big at the end of book one?

There is one quote from P158 that I love:

“That’s because the true purpose of money is to manipulate others and make them feel lesser than you.”

Journal Entry 3 by Shahrun at Dagenham Little Free Library in Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, October 31, 2019

Released 3 wks ago (10/31/2019 UTC) at Dagenham Little Free Library in Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom

Happy Halloween! Hope you enjoy this book.

Just filling up my Little Free Library for Halloween. Trying to keep a little something in it for everyone.

If you have picked up a book from here, You may have noticed there is a little hand written note/sticker inside with a unique number and direction to the BookCrossing website. In a nutshell, BookCrossing allows you the reader to become a part of the Books story. You can track the recorded movements of the book and add an opinion on the story. It’s free and you can do it anonymously. But if you join, you will get notified when the next reader journals it. You wouldn’t believe how far some books go!

Don’t forget to come back and visit us each day in December for our Xmas Advent Calendar event!

Journal Entry 4 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, November 02, 2019
No takers, so I’ll keep it for swaps, Little Free Library restocking or maybe even next Halloween.