Girl in Landscape

by Jonathan Lethem | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Potok-too of -- Somewhere in Hertfordshire , Hertfordshire United Kingdom on 9/18/2019
Journal Entry 1 by Potok-too from -- Somewhere in Hertfordshire , Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Described on the back as a science-fiction Western, this book was selected by Mr Potok as one we could let go of. Our little “mökki” in Turku needed a bit of a clear-out!

ETA: The photo is not of our mökki bookshelf but of the shelf where the book was released into the wild- see below!

Released 6 mos ago (9/18/2019 UTC) at Restaurant L’Escale, Nauvo in Parainen, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

Great to see a book sharing shelf here, so I’m happy to have a book ready to add to it.

Many years ago we had a leisurely gourmet lunch here with a friend who unexpectedly picked up the tab and called it a late wedding present. She’s since died, and it’s nice to remember her here. Today there’s no gourmet dining (despite advertised “Restaurang Dagar”) at lunchtime but a decent lunch buffet and we’ve got a table overlooking the harbour. All good!