Isle of Palms: A Lowcountry Tale

by Dorothea Benton Frank | Women's Fiction |
ISBN: 0425191362 Global Overview for this book
Registered by ramson of New Orleans, Louisiana USA on 4/15/2004
Journal Entry 1 by ramson from New Orleans, Louisiana USA on Thursday, April 15, 2004
Just recieved in newest Bookcloseouts.com delivery. TBR for now.

Journal Entry 2 by Ri from Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Thursday, December 29, 2005
This was waiting for me at my inlaws place. Thanks, ramson!

Reserved for AceofHearts.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, April 23, 2006
received at the 2006 Toronto Convention. The convention was a blast and loads of fun

Journal Entry 4 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, November 27, 2011
Anna Abbott grew up on the Isle of Palms(IOP) and moved away when her mother died and her emotionally cold grandmother and controlling father took her to Mount Pleasant to live. However the IOP has been in Anna's heart for a long time. Anna was date raped at her senior prom and has a daughter, Emily.

Anna married her best friend Jim who is gay and for 10 years they raised Emily together. Emily has just finished her first year in college and Anna decides to buy a small house on IOP. And if that is not enough Anna loses her hair dressing job and decides to start her own salon.

This is a book about the low country which I love. It is so nice to read about areas one is familiar with. The book is woman's fiction but also romance with a good dose of humour.

I could not understand the lack of anger which seemed to surround the rape. Maybe this is because of her beautiful daughter but it might also be because so many years have passed. There were a lot of quirky friends and neighbours which lead to a fun read even though the plot is a little feeble

Journal Entry 5 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Thursday, November 15, 2012
mailed to my birthday partner today. Happy Birthday!!

Journal Entry 6 by SciFisstrs at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, December 18, 2012
yes another book to read with other Lowcountry stories! Thanks Ace for the birthday wish book