The Z Murders

by J. Jefferson Farjeon | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingDelticwing of Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 12/18/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingDelticwing from Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 18, 2019
After reading and enjoying Mystery In White, last year, I was delighted when MrsDeltic found this one for me. A good old-fashioned mystery which leaves me wanting more of these.

Journal Entry 2 by wingDelticwing at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (12/18/2019 UTC) at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Hello Nu-Knees. I think I'm discovering all the "old" classic detective fiction. You introduced me to Josephine Tey and I'm also looking out for Maigret books. Hope you enjoy this one. Merry Christmas lass! MrsDeltic sends her love too!

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 26, 2019
Thank you very much, Deltic and MrsD. And a Very Happy New Year to you both. I was delighted to open this book on Christmas Day after hiding it under my daughter's Christmas tree, together with the lovely chocolates that accompanied it, thank you. I don't know when it'll get to the top of the reading piles but I'll be sure to report back when it has . . . .

Journal Entry 4 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Richard Temperley is the most annoying, foolish, and other negative adjectives that I haven't thought of yet, hero that I've come across for a while
I don't know why Detective Inspector James didn't find an excuse to lock him up in the first few pages and keep him there until the novel was finished
And as for Miss Sylvia Wynne, words fail me . . .
This might be classic crime - but good for my blood pressure it most certainly wasn't! Not a very relaxing way to end the old year!
Having said that, of course, I do enjoy mysteries from this era, this one was first published in 1932, and will no doubt kep devouring them!
Thanks again, Deltic! Happy New Year!

Released 1 mo ago (1/18/2020 UTC) at City of Leeds Museum Café and LFL in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

This is one of the books I'm taking to the lunchtime gathering of local BookCrossers in Leeds today. If nobody takes it home, it'll be left on the bookshelves in the cafe to find a new reader . . .

Nearly two million people around the world give their books a unique BookCrossing IDentity number (BCID) before sending them out to find new readers. Since the start of the scheme in April 2001 over thirteen million such books have been put into circulation. This is one of them!

Our hope is that we can track the progress of our books once they've left our hands - and that's possible if finders like you visit the website, key in the BCID and leave a comment, however long or short. It's fun, it doesn't have to cost anything, although the site always appreciates donations towards running costs, and you can remain anonymous if you wish. You don't have to join but if you do you'll be able to number and track your own books!

Journal Entry 6 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 18, 2020
Picked up from todays meet-up. Have read a few in this series & liked them, wonder what I'll make of this one.

Lovely to see you all today - see you again in February all being well ☺