Finnish Nightmares: An Irreverent Guide to Life's Awkward Moments

by Karoliina Korhonen | Humor | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 1984857053 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingSpatialwing of Arlington, Virginia USA on 9/17/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingSpatialwing from Arlington, Virginia USA on Tuesday, September 17, 2019
Purchased from Target.

I was thinking when I bought this book that it was the second one. I'd previously read the first book and loved it! So, I was excited to find it in Target and on sale!

Well, this is awkward. This was the same exact book I read previously but with a different subtitle ‘Finnish Nightmares: A Different Kind of Social Guide to Finland’ and a different color scheme for the cover. 😕 I think what happened is the other one was sent to me by a friend from Europe and was published (2016) there (in English) and this one is the American reprint (2019). Fooled me! I thought I was getting book #2. 🤦‍♀️

Was there any difference besides the cover and subtitle? There was one panel about a bucket I don't remember...but I couldn't say it was in the other one too. Oh, well. :) Still a fun, quick read.

I feel you Matti! Especially the bit about waiting for your neighbor to exit the hallway so you can leave your apartment!

And don't forget to check out the blog!

Journal Entry 2 by wingSpatialwing at gift, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (12/11/2019 UTC) at gift, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

Matti is traveling to New England to make someone's wishlist wish come true!
Enjoy your time with Matti!

✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, December 13, 2019
Thanks so much! The package with the book and bookplates arrived safely today. This one looks very entertaining!