Fladdermusmannen

by Jo Nesbø | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by aetm of Austin, Texas USA on 9/11/2019
Journal Entry 1 by aetm from Austin, Texas USA on Wednesday, September 11, 2019
The Swedish translation of Bat, the second book in the Harry Hole series.
I love the series, and had many many years ago somehow bought very optimistically this book in Swedish, in the hopes I'd be able to read it... not so much luck with it, as I can't even enjoy a Disney movie in Swedish, but fortunately I did find the book in other languages later, and <3 as an audiobook too. So this little gem can hopefully find some other readers for now on its travels...

Copypasta from Goodreads: "En ung norska, känd från tv, hittas död i Australien. Harry Hole skickas till Sydney för att bistå den australiensiska polisen i utredningen av mordet. Trots att han blivit tillsagd att hålla en låg profil hamnar Harry ändå mitt i händelsernas centrum. Snart förstår han och hans kollega, aboriginen Andrew Kensington, att de har att göra med en seriemördare.

Efterforskningarna kring fallet öppnar Harrys ögon för landets rika historia och urbefolkningens fascinerande legender. Samtidigt leder sökandet honom till ett Sydney som aldrig omtalas i turistbroschyrerna: den undre världen med dess tvivelaktiga figurer och omoraliska affärer."

Journal Entry 2 by aetm at The Bookshelf in Austin, Texas USA on Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Released 5 days ago (9/11/2019 UTC) at The Bookshelf in Austin, Texas USA

I know there aren't that many people that can read in Swedish around Austin, but... I want to see how small the world is. Hopefully either someone that can read it will find it here, or someone's friend will and then bring the book to the next reader. Besides, people who know Norwegian and/or Danish should also be able to enjoy the book without difficulty. :)

Safe journey little book - I hope you'll make many new friends on your travels!

"Don't ever apologize to an author for buying something in paperback, or taking it out from a library (that's what they're there for. Use your library). Don't apologize to this author for buying books second hand, or getting them from bookcrossing or borrowing a friend's copy. What's important to me is that people read the books and enjoy them, and that, at some point in there, the book was bought by someone. And that people who like things, tell other people. The most important thing is that people read... "
— Neil Gaiman

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!)