No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference

by Greta Thunberg | Nonfiction |
ISBN: 0141991747 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingBookgirrlwing of Acton, Ontario Canada on 9/10/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingBookgirrlwing from Acton, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, September 10, 2019
'Taking this book to the UK for a friend. At the moment, Greta is in the United States to spread the message that we'd better get our act together for this planet. She has come under attack from several North Americans, including the preposterous leader of The People's Party of Canada, Maxime Bernier. From The Guardian newspaper: "(Thunberg’s)....simple emotion and 'black-and-white' rationalism suggest authenticity and trust to her audience, many of whom are wary of adult experts suspected of harbouring hidden agendas...Thunberg speaks to a people acutely aware of living in a time of transition, on a knife-edge between multiple possible futures. Her argument is not driven by a belief that we are all doomed, but is cut through with tentative hope. And as a small, isolated figure, with her pigtails and open face, poised bravely behind an enormous lectern, facing down a roomful of powerful, suited adults, she embodies what it’s like to be an individual who yearns for change, against a juggernaut of commercial and political interests defending the status quo." Carry on, Greta!

Journal Entry 2 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Baker Street, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, September 29, 2019
Given to me by Bookgirrl when we met up for lunch. In a release bag full of goodies, thank you very much to you and DonFiction.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, September 29, 2019
A powerful and yet simple message.

Journal Entry 4 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, September 29, 2019
This book will be travelling in an International Book Ring

Entrants:
Fifna (Europe) - read
iiwi (International) - read
penelopewanders (Switzerland or Europe) - here
VictoriaWagtail (International)
Nojokeva (USA will send international)

Journal Entry 5 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Book ring, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Friday, October 11, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (10/11/2019 UTC) at Book ring, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Going to Fifna.

Join UK Bookcrossers at the Northampton Unconvention from 11th to 13th October 2019

Journal Entry 6 by wingFifnawing at Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 12, 2019
Thank you, Poodlesister, for this book ring!

Journal Entry 7 by wingFifnawing at Voorburg, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, October 22, 2019
It's a simple message that needs repeating. Of course, reading all her speeches in one go does get a bit repetitive - but that's OK. And as part of what I do for a living is translating and correcting speeches, I can't switch that off and I notice every mistake.
But nonetheless a powerful message - thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 8 by wingFifnawing at Zeist, Utrecht Netherlands on Saturday, October 26, 2019

Released 2 wks ago (10/26/2019 UTC) at Zeist, Utrecht Netherlands

Greta is now travelling to iiwi.

Journal Entry 9 by wingiiwiwing at Zeist, Utrecht Netherlands on Tuesday, October 29, 2019
Received today.

Journal Entry 10 by wingiiwiwing at Zeist, Utrecht Netherlands on Friday, November 08, 2019
This book - No One Is Too Small To Make A Difference - is a collection of Greta Thunberg speeches at various locations. They are all powerful and convincing. These words have more power we imagine, a whole new generation is chanting them in protest against us adults. And right they are. It is upon us to act.

Journal Entry 11 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Friday, November 15, 2019
This has arrived in the foggy Swiss Alps - thanks so much for sending, I look forward to reading it.