The Heart Goes Last

by Margaret Atwood | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingpippiswing of Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on 1/1/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingpippiswing from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Friday, January 01, 2021
In the gated community of Consilience, residents who sign a contract will get a job and a lovely house for six months of the year—if they serve as inmates in the Positron prison system for the alternate months…

Stan and Charmaine, a young urban couple, have been hit by job loss and bankruptcy in the midst of nationwide economic collapse. Forced to live in their third-hand Honda, where they are vulnerable to roving gangs, they think the gated community of Consilience may be the answer to their prayers. At first, this seems worth it: they will have a roof over their heads and food on the table. But when a series of troubling events unfolds, Positron begins to look less like a prayer answered and more like a chilling prophecy fulfilled.

Journal Entry 2 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, January 06, 2021
I'm sorry to admit, but I gave up on page 104/416. Yes, the blurb was super good, the beginning of the book somewhat hooking, but the story just didn't keep me entertained. Events were far too prolonged, nothing in Positron was interesting..and all of it was rather a disappointment since I was expecting a lot from an Atwood. I did skim read further, bits and bobs from here and there, and I wasn't enticed to go back to where I left off. Not even the ending was good enough to make me regret the decision, so case closed, next book please! This one's ready to fulfill a wish :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, January 17, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (1/18/2021 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

And off she goes! Safe travels and happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, January 23, 2021
Thank you, pippis, for this and all the rest! I'm a newcomer to the Atwood fan club. Let's see what I think about this one. :)