Do Not Become Alarmed

READ IT AND LET GO!
Registered by wingQueen72wing of Hobbs, New Mexico USA on 10/29/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingQueen72wing from Hobbs, New Mexico USA on Thursday, October 29, 2020
This is a story about three families who take a cruise together. It's told from multiple character's perspectives and the story moves along quickly. Things get crazy when an excursion goes wrong. Overall a good story but some of the characters were pretty self-absorbed and I just couldn't warm up to them.

Journal Entry 2 by wingQueen72wing at Hobbs, New Mexico USA on Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Released 2 wks ago (11/16/2020 UTC) at Hobbs, New Mexico USA

Off to Ohio to fulfill a wish for the USA & Canada Wishlist Tag Game 2020 . Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by mrsjones at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Saturday, November 21, 2020
Arrived in the mail today. Thank you! I'm looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 4 by mrsjones at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Tuesday, November 24, 2020
I read this book in a day. The pacing was nice; made me feel like I could see this book as a movie while I read. I agree that the parents were all very shallow, self-absorbed characters. At times, I thought maybe this had been intended as a YA novel. But it got so dark. I was shocked by that. I'd been reading this as though it were a family-action-adventure story (starring The Rock as Raymond), but it wasn't that. I think the author deliberately made the parents pretty unlikeable, in part to make a statement about how unfair the world is, and maybe to highlight how culturally/politically ignorant or lucky Americans can be? We seem charmed in some way; untouched by the bad things that people in other nations suffer.
Those are the thoughts that I came away from the book with.