The Lowland

Please Be Kind To Me!
by Jhumpa Lahiri | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingPiikuwing of Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on 12/29/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingPiikuwing from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, December 29, 2021
"The Lowland is an engrossing family saga steeped in history: the story of two very different brothers bound by tragedy, a fiercely brilliant woman haunted by her past, a country torn apart by revolution, and a love that endures long past death. Moving from the 1960s to the present, and from India to America and across generations, this dazzling novel is Jhumpa Lahiri at the height of her considerable powers."

Released 7 mos ago (10/16/2023 UTC) at Kortteliravintola Kerttu in Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

Turku BC-meetup at Kerttu.

Journal Entry 3 by eijukka at Jyväskylä, Keski-Suomi / Mellersta Finland Finland on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
I took this book with me to Jyväskylä and hope, it'll get new readers there.
Thanks Piiku for the book! I have read it in finnish, so this book shall continue its journey.

Journal Entry 4 by eijukka at Jyväskylä, Keski-Suomi / Mellersta Finland Finland on Monday, February 26, 2024
I´ll take the book with me to our bc-meetup at Jyväskylä City Library.

Journal Entry 5 by LiskoMiettinen at Jyväskylä, Keski-Suomi / Mellersta Finland Finland on Monday, February 26, 2024
I remember that I have also read this. But maybe I took this book with me in that Convention meetup.

Released 1 mo ago (4/20/2024 UTC) at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Convention release.

Journal Entry 7 by wingApoloniaXwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, April 20, 2024
One of the left-over books of the 2024 Tampere Bookcrossing Convention's book buffet.
It's a brilliant book, read it a few years ago.

Journal Entry 8 by wingApoloniaXwing at Omenahotelli Tampere II in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, April 20, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/20/2024 UTC) at Omenahotelli Tampere II in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

For you to find. Happy reading!