The Edge of the Fall: A Novel

by Kate Williams | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingmattandmandy75wing of Cockatoo, Victoria Australia on 1/27/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingmattandmandy75wing from Cockatoo, Victoria Australia on Monday, January 27, 2020
In the aftermath of the Great War, the de Witt family are struggling to piece together the shattered fragments of their lives. Rudolf and his wife Verena, still reeling from the loss of their second son, don't know how to function in the post-war world. Stoneythorpe Hall has become an empty shell with no servants to ensure its upkeep. Celia, the de Witt's youngest daughter, is still desperate to spread her wings and see more of the world. To escape Stoneythorpe and the painful secrets that lie there, she moves to London and embraces life and love in the Roaring Twenties.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmattandmandy75wing at SI Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Friday, February 7, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (2/7/2020 UTC) at SI Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book:

Please journal that you’ve found me, read and re-release. I’d love to follow the book’s journey. Bookcrossing is free & fun and let’s face it, not much is these days! :)

Journal Entry 3 by AnonymousFriend at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Friday, February 7, 2020
I have an interest in the period but am not sure if I’ll read it.

Journal Entry 4 by AnonymousFriend at Wantirna South, Victoria Australia on Friday, July 2, 2021
I couldn't get "into" the story, because the moment you really got interested in one plot line, the author would bait and switch for a seemingly completely unrelated one. There's some nice historical detail, but I never felt like I had really been taken back in time into the world of the story.

Released 1 mo ago (12/2/2021 UTC) at Surrey Hills Neighbourhood Library in Surrey Hills, Victoria Australia

Release #287 for 2021 ...

Journal Entry 6 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Thursday, December 2, 2021
Caught today at Surrey Hills.

Journal Entry 7 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Saturday, December 18, 2021
I found this to be a bit of a hotchpotch, too many different plot lines for my liking. However, it did contain some entertaining historical detail.