Plum Spooky

Registered by HoserLauren of Burlington, Ontario Canada on 9/9/2019
Journal Entry 1 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, September 09, 2019
Picked up from a little free library in Burlington.

Plum Spooky, the First Full Length Stephanie Plum Between-the-Numbers Novel from #1 Bestselling Author Janet Evanovich.

Turn on all the lights and check under your bed. Things are about to get spooky in Trenton, New Jersey.

According to legend, the Jersey Devil prowls the Pine Barrens and soars above the treetops in the dark of night. As eerie as this might seem, there are things in the Barrens that are even more frightening and dangerous. And there are monkeys. Lots of monkeys.

Wulf Grimoire is a world wanderer and an opportunist who can kill without remorse and disappear like smoke. He's chosen Martin Munch, boy genius, as his new business partner, and he's chosen the Barrens as his new playground.

Munch received his doctorate degree in quantum physics when he was twenty-two. He's now twenty-four, and while his brain is large, his body hasn't made it out of the boys' department at Macy's. Anyone who says good things come in small packages hasn't met Munch. Wulf Grimoire is looking for world domination. Martin Munch would be happy if he could just get a woman naked and tied to a tree.

Bounty hunter Stephanie Plum has Munch on her most-wanted list for failure to appear in court. Plum is the all-American girl stuck in an uncomfortable job, succeeding on luck and tenacity. Usually she gets her man. This time she gets a monkey. She also gets a big guy named Diesel.

Diesel pops in and out of Plum's life like birthday cake - delicious to look at and taste, not especially healthy as a steady diet, gone by the end of the week if not sooner. He's an über bounty hunter with special skills when it comes to tracking men and pleasing women. He's after Grimoire, and now he's also after Munch. And if truth were told, he wouldn't mind setting Stephanie Plum in his crosshairs.

Diesel and Plum hunt down Munch and Grimoire, following them into the Barrens, surviving cranberry bogs, the Jersey Devil, a hair-raising experience, sand in their underwear, and, of course . . . monkeys.

Journal Entry 2 by HoserLauren at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Thursday, October 10, 2019
Picked this up to read in October thinking it would go with a Halloween theme but I really have no idea where the "Spooky" title comes from. I remember when I was reading the series, one book Lula and Tank were together and the next they weren't and I wondered what the heck happened (it happened in this book). I feel like those types of items should be kept for the main series, not the half numbers.

This was a sub-par Plum novel. The monkey was funny, if a bit repetitive, but characters with special abilities and changing weather? Has this become the fantasy genre? At least this was a quick read.

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren at Downtown, somewhere along Lakeshore in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Friday, September 18, 2020

Released 6 days ago (9/18/2020 UTC) at Downtown, somewhere along Lakeshore in Burlington, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience.