The Story of Tracy Beaker

by Jacqueline Wilson | Children's Books |
Registered by Shahrun of Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on 9/9/2019
Journal Entry 1 by Shahrun from Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, September 09, 2019
This was a donation to my Dagenham Little Free Library. Thank you very much to the kind donor. It will be going back in there, after registering and repairing for someone else to enjoy. I have recently read a different copy, here’s what I thought:

I remember reading this as a child (Jacqueline Wilson was one of my favourite authors). As an adult I can really see what a little shit Tracy is, but I can also clearly see why (if you’d lived her life you would have issues too!). Also worryingly I can see bit of her behaviour in adult me haha. I think what has made her so popular with readers, is that’s she’s real. She is not perfect but there are glimmers of good in her - just like all of us readers. This is what makes her and all her ridiculously random adventures so enjoyable. The illustrations are the perfect accompaniment to and really enhance the story.

This edition has a bonus short story TRACY BEAKER’S THUMPING HEART. I had to have a read! Here’s what I thought if that:

Classic adventure with Tracy Beaker and the residents of the Dumping Ground. This time they celebrate Valentine’s Day and end up on TV taking part in Swap Shop. Perfectly accompanied by Nick Sharratt’s illustrations.

Journal Entry 2 by Shahrun at Dagenham Little Free Library in Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, September 09, 2019

Released 6 mos ago (9/9/2019 UTC) at Dagenham Little Free Library in Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom

Just restocking my Little Free Library. Trying to keep a little something in it for everyone.

To the Finder:-
Welcome to BookCrossing! You have found a travelling book. Thanks for coming onto the site to let me know you have found the book. You can make journal entries to say where you found the book and what you thought of it when you read it. And see where it has already been. Some books are very well travelled. It is now yours to keep, give it to or trade it with a friend or just leave it somewhere different for someone else to find.

If you join BookCrossing, (which is free and spam-free), you will also get an email each time it changes hands, which means you can follow the book on its travels! You can still journal the book and remain anonymous if you prefer.

When releasing this book please be aware that airports, trains or busses are not a good place to leave books (unless there is a specific book exchange shelf) as they are usually just disposed of. Also charity shops usually discard books that have been labelled in any way.

Journal Entry 3 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, November 18, 2019
No takers yet, so I’ve reshuffled the Library and taken this one out for now.

Journal Entry 4 by Shahrun at Dagenham Little Free Library in Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Released 2 mos ago (1/1/2020 UTC) at Dagenham Little Free Library in Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom

If you have picked up a book from here, You may have noticed there is a little hand written note/sticker inside with a unique number and direction to the BookCrossing website. In a nutshell, BookCrossing allows you the reader to become a part of the Books story. You can track the recorded movements of the book and add an opinion on the story. It’s free and you can do it anonymously. But if you join, you will get notified when the next reader journals it. You wouldn’t believe how far some books go!

Journal Entry 5 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Friday, February 14, 2020
No takers yet, so I’ve reshuffled the Library and taken this one out for now