The Last Runaway

by Tracy Chevalier | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 014218036X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingdschinnywing of Hamburg - City, Hamburg Germany on 9/2/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingdschinnywing from Hamburg - City, Hamburg Germany on Monday, September 02, 2019
"Honor Bright is a sheltered Quaker who has rarely ventured out of 1850s Dorset when she impulsively emigrates to America. Opposed to the slavery that defines and divides the country, she finds her principles tested to the limit when a runaway slave appears at the farm of her new family. In this tough, unsentimental place, where whisky bottles sit alongside quilts, Honor befriends two spirited women who will teach her how to turn ideas into action."

Very interesting to read a story from the point of view of a young Quaker girl. Although, as often in her books, the story and characters do not generate much emotion or excitement, the story flows along gently. But the historical research seems to be thorough and so it is still an interesting read. Patchworking featuring quite a lot here ;-)

Thank you very much to t-tower who sent me this book from my wishlist!

Journal Entry 2 by wingdschinnywing at A BookCrosser, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, February 01, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (2/3/2020 UTC) at A BookCrosser, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Will be sent to maria-Nunes as a BookSwap. Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 3 by Maria-Nunes at Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Tuesday, February 11, 2020
This book has just arrived here. I will start reading it as soon as I finish the currently reading one.

Journal Entry 4 by Maria-Nunes at Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Monday, February 17, 2020
currently reading

Journal Entry 5 by Maria-Nunes at Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Friday, February 21, 2020
I like Tracy Chevalier a lot.
I like the way she leads us into the time and place of her historical novels.
I really enjoyed reading this book and learn about the Quakers and how the Underground Railroad worked, and also about quilting, especially about Quaker quilts that I've never heard of before.