Princess Bride, The

by William Goldman | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 9/1/2019
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, September 01, 2019
This is not an ordinary book: it's a BookCrossing book! BookCrossing books are world travelers - they like to have adventures and make new friends...and every once in a while they even write home to say what they've been doing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This elderly and somewhat frail paperback is an early edition (July 1974) with the red & black text. It may have been Croyd's original copy, although he didn't read it in 1974. :p

I am fairly certain that the copy I first read had this rather odd cover art (what's with the snake, anyway?). I definitely remember that when we first heard that a movie version was in the works, my friends and I were very worried that it would "ruin" the book we loved...but that turned out all right. :D

Other copies on my BookCrossing shelf: 12793052 14799366 14799355

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, September 01, 2019
This book will be hitching a ride to South Carolina with a wishlist tag.

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, September 04, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (9/4/2019 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Tuesday, September 03, 2019: Buttercup & Westley are on the road again...watch out for those ROUS!

USPS tracking 9549 0103 8562 9246 3714 42
ETA 9/23/19

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book! Won't you make a journal entry so the previous readers know that it's safe with you?

This is now your book, for you to do with as you please: keep it as long as you wish, pass it to a friend, or maybe even leave it where someone else can find it!

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!

Journal Entry 4 by wingkaila-annwing at Galivants Ferry, South Carolina USA on Tuesday, September 24, 2019
A bonus book sent a long with a book from the wishlist tag game - that’s very sweet of you! Thank you so much!