Killing Mr. Griffin

by Lois Duncan | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by anathema-device of Graz, Steiermark Austria on 8/30/2019
Journal Entry 1 by anathema-device from Graz, Steiermark Austria on Friday, August 30, 2019
Wahey! Found this on a local bookswap shelf. A YA murder mystery / thriller - and written by the person who wrote I Know What You Did Last Summer? Yes, please!

...I just did a quick google, and now I know that this book came out the year I was born! Even more intrigued now. TBR!

Journal Entry 2 by anathema-device at Graz, Steiermark Austria on Sunday, September 01, 2019
This book is so readable, I read all of it in one go between an early dinner and bedtime last night. The only thing I had a real problem with was that this is a "revised edition", meaning that the author edited some passages to make them more contemporary. I felt that this was really jarring, since good literature doesn't need "updating" in order to remain relevant - and also because she clearly only edited short passages while leaving the rest of the story untouched. This means we're getting the occasional reference to "cellphones", which are never used by anyone throughout the plot, and even the one mention of a DVD and surround sound is unnecessary and doesn't add anything to the plot (or plot element of creating a false alibi). Also, making the Grateful Dead "that old band [...] from your era" doesn't come over well, especially in connection with the kids clearly knowing songs I've never heard of (instead of a couple of Greatest Hits). Especially in a novel in which a central character stresses that people capable of more shouldn't just deliver quick lackluster jobs, this really annoyed me. Otherwise, good book, I guess.

Journal Entry 3 by anathema-device at Graz, Steiermark Austria on Saturday, December 14, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (12/13/2019 UTC) at Graz, Steiermark Austria

This book is helping me move flat by travelling to the Netherlands. Safe travels, have fun - and remember to write! ;)

Journal Entry 4 by wingCamperfanwing at Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, December 17, 2019
And today in my mailbox, Mr Griffin. Thank you anathema-device for sending it to me and for the lovely card.
I will put him in the camper readingbox and after reading I will find a good place for it. Where is yet unknown.

Journal Entry 5 by wingCamperfanwing at Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands on Saturday, November 28, 2020
I finally got around to reading it and wish I had done it before. the YA made me putting it off I guess but it is a very good read and I rather enjoyed it. I wish they had more books like that when I was a teenager :-)
Since we are not traveling very much this year I'm going to release it at a bus shelter where YA's are taking the bus to the high school in the next village instead of going on their bikes this time off year :-)

Journal Entry 6 by wingCamperfanwing at Nieuweweg in Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands on Saturday, November 28, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (11/30/2020 UTC) at Nieuweweg in Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

at the bench of the bus shelter.