The Chalk Pit

by Elly Griffiths | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 9/23/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 23, 2019
"The Chalk Pit" is book 9 in the excellent Ruth Galloway series & for me it was one I really enjoyed.

I thought the storyline for this book was a particularly good one. Homeless people are being murdered, women are vanishing, bones are appearing - it's all go!- & the idea of the existence of underground towns is a fascinating one. As ever Griffiths weaves together an intriguing yet plausible plot.

However, I have to say, as I am so caught up in the lives, loves & relationships of the characters etc that the crime/mystery side is almost just a bonus...they are all just so real to me! Ruth maybe an expert in her field at work but her imperfections & flaws in her personal life make her a realistic character as well as an endearing one...someone I'd like to be friends with. I even like little Kate, so many children of this age seem to come over as obnoxious, precocious brats but she's a great little personality in her own right.

The triangle between Ruth, Nelson & Michelle is now complicated further as ....*SPOILER ALERT*…...haha...did you really think I'd let anything slip? Like me you'll have to wait for"The Dark Angel" before anything is confirmed.

While all the books in the series work well as stand-alones, working through in the right order (as I have for once!) helps you understand the relationships better. A great read & one of my favourites in the series.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Leeds Meet @ City Museum Café in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, January 16, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (1/18/2020 UTC) at Leeds Meet @ City Museum Café in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Taking to the Leeds meet up, if it's not picked up by another BookCrosser it will be added to the Little Free Library in the café :o)

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a travelling book !

You can help us to track this book's travels by taking a moment to make a journal entry - let us know where you found it, what you thought of it or where it's going next - write as much or as little as you like! You can remain anonymous or why not join us? If you decide to join us you will receive an alert every time someone new journals the book, helping you to follow it's travels as it meets new readers.

Enjoy the book!

(If you do decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me,
Plum-crazy, as your referring member - thank you)

Journal Entry 3 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Sunday, January 19, 2020
Having read a few Ruth Galloway ones before I quickly picked this up at the Leeds Meet Up

Journal Entry 4 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 05, 2020
Enjoyable read indeed. I visited Norwich last October and found it a very interesting place so I enjoyed reading a bit more about its history. Of course, mostly the book is about the relationships between the main characters which I agree feel so real, particularly Nelson's inner struggle to tell his daughters about Kate.