Too Much Information

by Dave Gorman | Humor | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0091928494 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 9/3/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 3, 2019
Nowadays, the world is full of people trying to tell us things. So much so that we have taught our brains not to pay much attention. After all, click the mouse, tap the screen, flick the channel and it's on to the next thing. But Dave Gorman thinks it's time to have a closer look, to find out how much nonsense we tacitly accept.

Suspicious adverts, baffling newspaper headlines, fake twitter, endless cat videos, insane TV shows where the presenters ask the same questions over and over.

Can we even hear ourselves think over the rising din? Or is there just too much information?

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, June 27, 2021
Another entertaining read from Dave Gorman , which had me sniggering on more than one occasion. If you've seen "Modern Life is Goodish", then you'll have an idea of what to expect from this book (in fact, I recall his rant about Scouting For Girls greatest hits from his series & it appears here pretty much as I remember it).

It's an amusing read that looks at the absurdities of the internet, from suspicious adverts, fake Twitter accounts (as a non-Twitter user I can safely say I'll NEVER poke my toes in that murky water) & dubious links....the only thing that was missing for me was one of Dave's "Found Poems".

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at "Help Yourself" bookbox in Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 20, 2021

Released 3 wks ago (9/20/2021 UTC) at "Help Yourself" bookbox in Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Taken from my "Help Yourself" Book Box. The box will be on my garden wall during September - weather permitting!

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a travelling book !

You can help us to track this book's travels by taking a moment to make a journal entry - let us know where you found it, what you thought of it or where it's going next - write as much or as little as you like! You can remain anonymous or why not join us? If you decide to join us you will receive an alert every time someone new journals the book, helping you to follow it's travels as it meets new readers.

Enjoy the book!

(If you do decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me,
Plum-crazy, as your referring member - thank you)