Golden Hill

by Francis Spufford | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by dododumpling of St. Neots, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on 8/20/2019
Journal Entry 1 by dododumpling from St. Neots, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 20, 2019
New York, a small town on the tip of Manhattan Island, 1746. One rainy evening, a charming and handsome young stranger straight off the boat from England pitches up to a counting-house in Golden Hill Street, with a suspicious yet compelling proposition - he has an order for a thousand pounds in his pocket that he wishes to cash. But can he be trusted? This is New York in its infancy, a place where a young man with a fast tongue can invent himself afresh, fall in love, and find a world of trouble ...

Journal Entry 2 by dododumpling at St. Neots, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Friday, August 23, 2019
Once I got into the rhythm of the language and style, I loved this book. I found myself really rooting for Mr Smith and the ending was just right.

Journal Entry 3 by dododumpling at 10 Lomond Castle in Balloch, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, August 23, 2019

Released 3 wks ago (8/23/2019 UTC) at 10 Lomond Castle in Balloch, Scotland United Kingdom

Enjoy!