Full Dark House

by Christopher Fowler | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingTanamowing of Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 8/13/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingTanamowing from Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 13, 2019
Arthur Bryant and John May of the Met's little known Peculia Crimes Unit are London's longest-serving detectives. When a bomb claims Bryants life, it ends a partnership that has lasted for over half a century.
Desperately searching for clues to the killer's identity, May becomes convinced that the answer is to be found in their very first assignment together. It was in London, during the Blitz, and it all began when a beautiful dancer in a steamy new production of "Orpheus in the Underworld" was found without her feet.
And it was an investigation that would plunge the two young detectives into a bizarre gothic mystery - in pursuit of a faceless man who stalked the theatres of a nervous, beleaguered city already full of myth and rumour.

Journal Entry 2 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, September 07, 2020
A murder mystery with a difference, this is a strange mix of creepy tale and comedy with a really weird hero and his long-suffering partner. I'll have to read more in the series just to see if it can get any more bonkers.

Journal Entry 3 by wingTanamowing at Ryton Pools Country Park in Ryton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (1/5/2021 UTC) at Ryton Pools Country Park in Ryton, Warwickshire United Kingdom

Left on picnic bench outside cafe.

If you've found this book and you're new to this, welcome to bookcrossing! I hope you enjoy looking around the bookcrossing site. If you decide to join bookcrossing (it's free, so no reason not to if you're interested!) please feel free to list me (Tanamo) as the member who referred you. Even if you don't join I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a quick journal note so I can see where the book ended up - you can do it anonymously if you wish.