Whose Body?

by Dorothy L. Sayers | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 048611242X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingSpatialwing of Arlington, Virginia USA on 8/8/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingSpatialwing from Arlington, Virginia USA on Thursday, August 08, 2019
Purchased from the Cancer Society's charity shop in Moneta, Va.

Description from Goodreads:
The stark naked body was lying in the tub. Not unusual for a proper bath, but highly irregular for murder -- especially with a pair of gold pince-nez deliberately perched before the sightless eyes. What's more, the face appeared to have been shaved after death. The police assumed that the victim was a prominent financier, but Lord Peter Wimsey, who dabbled in mystery detection as a hobby, knew better. In this, his first murder case, Lord Peter untangles the ghastly mystery of the corpse in the bath.

Journal Entry 2 by wingSpatialwing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, August 18, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (8/18/2019 UTC) at Alexandria, Virginia USA

✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

Releasing at the BCinDC meeting at Potbelly in Old Town.

✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

Journal Entry 3 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Sunday, August 18, 2019
I have read most of the books in this series, but I don't think that I have read this one. This edition looks less ponderous than some of the others on Mt TBR so I may get it read soon. Or not.

Journal Entry 4 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Sunday, September 01, 2019
I am getting new flooring installed in the half of my house where the vast majority of my books are normally located. As a result, there are very few books not in boxes at the moment. This one was loose and looked like a quick read. I have no clear memory of having read this before, although it was marked as read on my Goodreads shelf. The plot was ingenious enough that it would likely have stuck with me. At any rate, a well-crafted plot and Wimsey and Bunter were in fine form. I can see how this is a case that would not be solved today if not for the coincidence of Lord Peter's connection.

Journal Entry 5 by wing6of8wing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, September 21, 2019

Released 1 day ago (9/21/2019 5:00 PM UTC) at Rockville, Maryland USA

This book was taken to meet-up today.