Women Who Run with the Wolves

by Clarissa Pinkola Estes | Nonfiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by missprisy of Edmond, Oklahoma USA on 8/4/2019
Journal Entry 1 by missprisy from Edmond, Oklahoma USA on Sunday, August 4, 2019
Within every woman there lives a powerful force, filled with good instincts, passionate creativity, and ageless knowing. She is the Wild Woman, who represents the instinctual nature of women. But she is an endangered species. For though the gifts of wildish nature belong to us at birth, society's attempt to "civilize" us into rigid roles has muffled the deep, life-giving messages of our own souls. In Women Who Run With the Wolves, Dr. Estes unfolds rich intercultural myths, fairy tales, and stories, many from her own family, in order to help women reconnect with the fierce, healthy, visionary attributes of this instinctual nature. Through the stories and commentaries in this remarkable book, we retrieve, examine, love, and understand the Wild Woman, and hold her against our deep psyches as one who is both magic and medicine. Dr. Estes has created a new lexicon for describing the female psyche. Fertile and life-giving, it is a psychology of women in the truest sense, a knowing of the soul.

Journal Entry 2 by missprisy at Edmond, Oklahoma USA on Thursday, September 22, 2022

Released 4 mos ago (9/23/2022 UTC) at Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Adding to an Animal Book Box

Journal Entry 3 by Azuki at Miami, Florida USA on Sunday, December 25, 2022
I remember hearing about this book a while back. Sounds interesting.