Grey Area: From the City to the Sea

by Tim Bird | Graphic Novels |
ISBN: 9781910395059 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingHI77wing of Fort Myers, Florida USA on 8/3/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingHI77wing from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Saturday, August 03, 2019
A cast of glance,

thrown like an arrow
way beyond sight.

Journal Entry 2 by wingHI77wing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Sunday, August 04, 2019
This little graphic novel is very short but intriguing in its own way. It's mostly about perspective and perception and the dreams that exist in the human psyche.

I liked the stretch backwards out further and further to our roots and how they ultimately tend to circle back to the beginning of the book, at the city.

I think it's a little like the concept of Ouroboros. It was a simple concept that played through, but I guess it depends on your age and it life experiences to what you read into it. I liked it well enough.

Journal Entry 3 by wingHI77wing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Sunday, September 08, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (9/4/2019 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

This lucky little book had become part of a trade! :)

So off it goes! ;)

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, September 11, 2019
The big-box-o-trade-books arrived safely today; many thanks!

Later: I enjoyed this simple, rather quiet look at the trip from the heart of London to the Thames estuary. Little details in some panels entertained me, such as the cross-section of the Tube showing traffic above, rats near the tracks, and ancient skeletons buried below. The transition from city to suburbs changes the mood, and when the suburbs give way to open country, marshland, and eventually the sea, it's got a soothing melancholy that I liked very much. Tidbits of history (ancient and pop-culture) are tossed in to add some interest.

Released 6 mos ago (3/22/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library, Kestrel Lane in Westford, Massachusetts USA

Guidelines for safely visiting and stocking Little Free Libraries from the LFL site here.

I left this book in the Little Free Library on this lovely day; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2020 Four Elements challenge. ***