Hachiko

by Pamela S. Turner | Children's Books |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 7/31/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, July 31, 2019
I found this hardcover in this Little Free Library in Hampton NH while dropping off some books of my own. It's about the heartwarming - and true - story of a loyal dog who would wait for his master at the Shibuya train station every evening. When his master died, Hachiko continued to go to the station every evening until his own death, and gained considerable popularity even in his lifetime. There's a memorial statue to him at the station - and another in Woonsocket Rhode Island, where a film was made about him. (I've visited the Woonsocket one, but I doubt I'll ever get to the one in Japan {wry grin}.) Sweet and touching story!

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, 4 Lake St in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, August 01, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (8/2/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library, 4 Lake St in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library outside the Adult Learning Center on this warm day; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2019 One-Word Title release challenge. ***