The Librarian of Auschwitz

by Antonio Iturbe | History |
Registered by Florence71 of Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on 7/30/2019
Journal Entry 1 by Florence71 from Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on Tuesday, July 30, 2019
At least publishing in english ! So long time I wanted to read it !
I'm a little fed-up with books about second world war for the moment (2 in a row last month) and I prefer light reads for the summer period. For Sakirmo (International Wishlist Tag Game(.

Journal Entry 2 by Florence71 at Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on Wednesday, July 22, 2020
As I am an avid reader especially stories happened during WWII, and with people which really exist, this one I loved it ! I didn't know the real story of this young teenager, Dita Kraus, in charge of the librairian in Auschwitz. She has been very brave during this time, and especially in this awful camp which was Auschwitz. Now, I'll be interesting to know more about Freddy Hirsch, too, poor young adult which has prefer to sacrify himself instead of children of block 31. I have put another book in my wishlist about children of block 31 : I hope reading this novel in the future !

Journal Entry 3 by Florence71 at A fellow BookCrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (7/27/2020 UTC) at A fellow BookCrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

This great book goes to Finland, happy reading Sakirmo !

Journal Entry 4 by wingsakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, August 5, 2020
The book has arrived, thank you!!

Journal Entry 5 by wingsakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Saturday, September 11, 2021
I made it to halfway of the book but am giving up now, I'm afraid. Didn't find the writing (or translation?) at all interesting or even good & I seem to have a problem with these "based on true story but written like fiction" -type of books about concentration camps that keep turning up... Ok perhaps this wasn't quite as bad as the Heather Morris one, but still! I'm not sure I ever heard of Dita Kraus before though, so in that respect I'm glad I had the book in my hands, now I can go and look for more about her life someplace else :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingsakirmowing at Fazer Café in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, September 25, 2021

Released 2 wks ago (9/25/2021 UTC) at Fazer Café in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

At the meet-up

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Journal Entry 7 by wingsakirmowing at Fazer Café in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, September 25, 2021

At the meet-up

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Journal Entry 8 by wingSonkkuwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, September 25, 2021
I took book from meet-up.